Home War War in the Middle East. Clashes between Hezbollah and the Israeli army...

War in the Middle East. Clashes between Hezbollah and the Israeli army in Lebanon, at least 19 dead in strikes.

6
0

Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon killed 19 people on Tuesday, the Ministry of Health announced, while Hezbollah reported clashes with Israeli soldiers despite a ceasefire in effect. “An Israeli air strike on the town of Deir Qanoune al-Nahr, in the district of Tyre, resulted in an initial toll of 10 martyrs, including three children and three women, as well as three injured, including a child,” the ministry said in a statement, describing the attack as a “massacre.” A woman was among the nine people killed in other strikes across the south, which left 29 injured, including six women and a child.

A strike on Maachouq, north of Tyre, caused the collapse of the last two floors of a building and damaged nearby buildings as well as several parked cars nearby. A strike on the same location on Monday had destroyed a health care center run by Hezbollah-affiliated rescuers, the Health Ministry said on Tuesday. According to the official Lebanese National News Agency (Ani), a strike extensively destroyed a neighborhood in Nabatiyeh housing shops, an old mosque, and traditional residences.

The Israeli army had previously called on residents of 12 Lebanese localities to evacuate, including 11 in the southern part of the country and one in the Bekaa region (east). It later reiterated the same warning. In a separate statement, it announced intercepting a drone crossing the border from Lebanon.

Clashes in the south: Meanwhile, Hezbollah claimed to have carried out several attacks on Israeli forces in southern Lebanon, as well as on Iron Dome batteries in northern Israel. The movement also claimed multiple attacks on Israeli forces in border areas in the south.

The Lebanese Civil Defense announced on Tuesday that it had lost contact with seven Lebanese individuals after an Israeli patrol incursion on the outskirts in the Hasbaya region. The Israeli army later released four of them, with three remaining “captives of the Israeli enemy,” the Civil Defense added.

Israel and Hezbollah continue their clashes despite the ceasefire, with the Israeli army having already conducted strikes beyond the “blue line” that delineates a zone about ten kilometers deep in southern Lebanon, within which Israeli soldiers continue their operations claiming to protect the population of northern Israel from the shots of the pro-Iranian movement. Since the start of the war, Israeli strikes have cost the lives of over 3,000 people in Lebanon, according to Lebanese authorities. On the Israeli side, 20 soldiers and one civilian contractor working for the army have been killed in Lebanon since the start of the war on March 2.